Goal & Strategies*
Teachers are actively dedicated to providing high-quality instruction and effective learning experiences for all children, PreK-3rd grade.
Focus on Instruction
Teachers’ professional education and development are focused on effectively supporting children’s language/reading, math, social, and emotional development; and on differentiating instruction for all young learners.
Example Implementation Indicators
District Administrators/Community Leaders
- Invest in a systematic approach to teacher professional development that is grounded in child development and focused on effective instruction.
- Enact and support cross-sector and cross-grade professional development opportunities for teachers that reflect best practices.
- Ensure that the majority of teachers’ annual professional development is informed by current research and student-based data, focused on effective instruction, and structured to build collaborative relationships among teachers.
- Demonstrate effective support of children’s language/reading, math, and social and emotional development.
- Demonstrate increased effectiveness in responding to individual children’s development and learning needs.
- Demonstrate leadership in identifying, delivering, and evaluating timely content for their own professional development.
- Continuing Education
- Focus on Instruction
- Minnesota Examples
- Visible Practice
- Work as Teams
* Kauerz, K. & Coffman, J. (2013). Framework for Planning, Implementing, and Evaluating PreK-3rd Grade Approaches. Seattle, WA: College of Education, University of Washington.